The journal accepts manuscripts which have not been previously published and are not under consideration by another journal while it is considered here:
- articles and brief communications;
- materials for dictionaries under preparation;
- information on conferences, congresses and symposiums entirely or partially devoted to the study of proper names, including reports on such forums which have already taken place or information about forthcoming events;
- reviews and annotations of publications;
- books, collections of articles, dictionaries which concern problems of onomastics;
- bibliographies of works on proper names;
- reviews of onomatological research, excursus to the history of onomastics in different countries;
- reviews of dissertations on proper names;
- chronicles and materials of field research;
- memoirs on onomatologists.
All authors are encouraged to contribute articles, field and lexicographic materials, reviews as well as submit books, dictionaries and collections of research articles for reviewing. Please, keep us informed of forthcoming events relating to onomastics.
Since December 2014, the journal operates on a no-fee open access basis: the journal does not charge publication fees, all publications are freely available to the reader on the journal's website. The online publication is generally prior to the publication of the print version of the issue. The journal's open access policy allows maximum visibility of articles published in the journal as they are available to a wide, global audience.
The journal is published twice per year, in July and December. The journal accepts and reviews submissions on a continuous basis throughout the year.
Before submitting an article, all authors are strictly advised to familiarize themselves with the following information:
- Copyright and License Statement
- Publication Ethics and Publication Malpractice Statement
- Style Guide
- Language of Publication
- Submission Procedure
- Peer Review Policy and Procedure
- Conflicting Interests Policy
- Privacy Statement
- Submission Preparation Checklist
For article submissions, please use the following form or contact the managing editor of the journal (see Contact Information).